APPLY EARLY - APPLY NOW
In the fall and winter months fewer passport applications are submitted, so processing times are faster than busy spring and summer seasons. Prepare for your next trip by applying for your passport now.
HOURS and LOCATION: The Bainbridge Island Municipal Court accepts passport applications Wednesday through Friday from 8:20 AM to 2:40 PM, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
The Municipal Court is located at 10255 NE Valley Road, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.
DO NOT GO TO CITY HALL FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. Click here for Directions to the Court.
PLEASE NOTE: each appointment is only allotted 20 minutes. It is very important that you arrive on time with all application materials completed and all photocopies made or we will not be able to process your application.
INSTRUCTIONS: For your convenience, we have attached the following Instruction Sheet (PDF) to make sure you have all necessary items prior to your appointment. Please be sure to review this instruction sheet prior to your appointment. Your appointment will need to be rescheduled if you appear without the required items.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT: The appointment scheduling application is at the bottom of this page.
PAYMENT METHOD: Please bring your checkbook - you will need at least two checks. A SEPARATE CHECK/MONEY ORDER IS NEEDED FOR EACH APPLICATION and an additional payment is needed for the Court.
PASSPORT FORMS: Passport forms can be obtained in person from the Bainbridge Island Municipal Court, by following the form links below, or online at the U.S. Department of State - Consular Affairs Travel website.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WILL HELP YOU DECIDE WHICH FORM(S) TO USE:
PASSPORT APPLICATION: (Form DS-11) TYPED OR BLACK INK AND SINGLE SIDED.
Use this form if:
- This is the first time you are applying for a passport.
- You are renewing a passport that has been expired more than 5 years.
- You were younger than 16 when your last passport was issued.
- You are applying for a child under the age of 16 even if they have had previous passport.
- You are eligible to renew by mail, but prefer to have the court process your passport.
RENEWAL BY MAIL APPLICATION: (Form DS-82) TYPED OR BLACK INK AND SINGLE SIDED.
Use this form if:
- You are renewing a passport that has expired less than five years ago.
- Your passport can be submitted with your application.
- Your passport is undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear").
- Your passport was issued when you were age 16 or older.
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order).
You do not need to schedule a passport appointment if you are renewing your passport by mail.
The DS-82 application and accompanying documents will be mailed directly to the Passport Agency by you.
If you are eligible to Renew by Mail, but prefer "personalized service" the court can process your application (you must use the Passport Application DS-11 form). The Court can not process the DS-82 Renewal by Mail Application.
NEW PASSPORT OR RENEWAL FOR MINOR (UNDER AGE 16): (Form DS-11) TYPED OR BLACK INK AND SINGLE SIDED.
- Both parents/guardians must authorize the issuance of the child's passport. The best way to do this is for both parents/guardians to go with the child in person to apply for the passport.
- If one parent is not able to attend the appointment, a Statement of Consent Form 3053 (PDF) needs to be completed by the parent that is unable to appear and notarized. Bring the Statement of Consent form to the appointment along with a copy of the front and back of i.d. that was presented to the notary. .
- At least one parent needs to be present for the appointment or the child’s passport application can not be processed.
- The child must also be present for the appointment.
For additional forms and information please visit U.S. Department of State - Consular Affairs Travel website.
We look forward to assisting you with your passport application.