Update at 12:20 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020
Severe Weather Shelter
- Due to anticipated freezing weather conditions, the severe weather shelter at the Senior Center will be open tonight (Thursday, Jan. 16). The Senior Center is located at 370 Brien Dr. SE. People must check in 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. each day.
Update at 6:00 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020
City Hall and Municipal Court will open on a regular schedule (8:00 a.m.). The main roads across the island are clear. Temperatures are above freezing and expected to remain warmer throughout the day.
The City Council meetings that were canceled on Tuesday are rescheduled for tonight at 6.
The public hearing for the storage facilities moratorium will be rescheduled for the Jan. 28 business meeting.
Update at 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020
- Slush is making road conditions very slippery and there have been reports of vehicles sliding off the road.
- The City has eight snowplows responding to the recent snowfall and SR 305 has been cleared.
- City crews continue to provide 24-hour coverage.
- Bryon Drive, between Ferncliff Ave. NE and Grand Ave NE remains closed due to a tree blocking power lines.
- Follow Kitsap County road closures here.
- From 1 to 2 p.m. the island was hit with a heavy snowfall and the snow flurries continue in some locations.
- The National Weather Service expects possible high winds this evening with no significant additional snowfall.
Severe Weather Shelter
- Due to anticipated freezing weather conditions, the severe weather shelter at the Senior Center will be open tonight (Wednesday, Jan. 15). The Senior Center is located at 370 Brien Dr. SE. People must check in 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. each day.
City Hall Cancellations
- The Climate Change Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for tonight has been canceled
- City Hall, including Municipal Court, closed at 3 p.m.
- The City Council meetings scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 14 were rescheduled for 6 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 16.
- The public hearing for the storage facilities moratorium will be rescheduled for the Jan. 28 business meeting.
- Puget Sound Energy customers can report problems with downed power lines by calling 1-888-225-5773 or report the power outage online.
Washington State Ferries
- Keeping sidewalks free from snow, ice, and other obstructions is the responsibility of the person or entity whose property abuts the sidewalk, per BIMC 12.08. Only sidewalks on or abutting City property are maintained by City crews during snow and ice operations.