Commercial Permit Info & Forms
City facilities, including City Hall, Municipal Court, and the Police Station, will remain closed to the public through at least May 31st pursuant to Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order.
Gov. Jay Inslee announced new measures March 25 to combat COVID-19 and released additional guidance for construction in his ’Stay Home, Stay Healthy’ order. Under the Governor’s order, “construction is not considered to be an essential activity.” As a result, all construction – residential and commercial – is not authorized while the order is in place and is subject to limited exceptions. Please see the Building Department Update for more information about what activities can occur under the order and how it is impacting other essential facilities such as parks and schools on the City’s COVID page.
The City has implemented changes to its processes to allow residents to access as many City services as possible through electronic submittals, email and phone.
The Planning and Community Development Department can be reached by phone at 206-780-3750 (general line) or 206-780-3770 (planner of the day).
Beginning Monday, May 4, Planning and Community Development (PCD) will require phone appointments for consultations, as well as, the submittal of building and land use permits to make the process more efficient for staff and applicants. Phone appointments for consultations and submitting building and land use permits can be made HERE.
Planners and inspectors can continue to be reached by email and phone (see staff directory).
Building inspections can be scheduled by calling 206-780-3789.
- B204 - Deck (PDF)
- B205 - Demolition (PDF)
- B206 - Dock (PDF)
- B207 - Reroof (PDF)
- B208 - Generator / heat pump / liquefied petroleum gas(LPG) tank (PDF)
- B211 - Solar Energy Systems (PDF)
- B213 - Grading (PDF)
- B214 - Tank abandonment / Decommission (PDF)
Related Forms & Brochures
- B006 - Commercial Construction Plan Requirements (PDF)
- B007 - Retaining Walls (PDF)
- B011 - Commercial Tenant Improvement Permit Guidelines (PDF)
- B013 - Road Approach Requirements (PDF)
- B014 - ADA Compliance: Common Provisions for Small Businesses (PDF)
- B104 - Address Request Form (PDF)
- B107 - Revise Approved Set of Plans (PDF)
- B108 - Expedited Review Process (PDF)
- B111 - Petition for Road Name (PDF)
- B112 - Authorization for 3rd Party Review (Geotech) (PDF)
- B113 - Code Compliance Request (PDF)
- B115 - Information Received for Permit Under Review (PDF)
For questions regarding specific requirements please contact the Building Division at 206-780-3750.